Re: PETE NEEDS YOUR HELP...

WFang01@aol.com wrote:

> Do you think he'd like a nice review of the Bob Mould "opening act"?
> Fang:

Dear Eel Pie publishing:

Attached is a Pete Townshend story of mine, which I submit for
consideration in his upcoming autobiography.

"I was opening for Pete at The Supper Club, in NYC, May 1996. I was just
beginning to get fired up with my burning hot "Husker Doo" material, when
I heard some dude in the audience yelling, 'fight me, who anshole'...I
dropped my strumming to a low volume, and realized the dude (who was
wearing an obviously unlicensed WHO sweatshirt) was screaming 'BITE ME,
YOU ASSHOLE!' He had dark hair, glasses, and teeth bigger than Natalie
Merchant."

"I knew then this was Pete's crowd, and I was there merely to fill up
time."

Sincerely,

Bob Mould
Greenwich Village