It Must Have Been The Trousers

In a message dated 96-06-25 08:26:45 EDT, DLebo10711@aol.com writes re: Live
Aid:

<< It was one of those cringing moments, when Pete gave his mic stand one of
 those high kicks, but fell on his ass. Moments later, Roger, twirling his
 mic, fell on his ass too. The whole thing was pretty embarrassing, but Pete
 made up for it with a killer 5-chord staccato ending (with synched standing
 jumps) to Love Reign O'er Me.

I was equally mortified when Pete landed on his ass with the entire world
watching. I'll bet that's the last time he does one of those high kicks with
tight jeans on!

Did you really think Roger fell by accident?  It seemed to me that he took a
very deliberate dive a split second after Pete fell in an effort to make the
whole thing look like part of the show.  Did anyone else think that?  Maybe
I'm just overly sentimental, but I always thought that was a gallant thing
for Roger to do.

BTW, I thought it was pretty nasty of Rolling Stone to print those
frame-by-frame pictures of the two of them falling at the time.  It was as if
they were saying that Pete and Roger were too old to perform the way they
used to, which we all know is not the case.  I think it was just a matter of
Pete's misjudging the situation, or more simply put, a bad wardrobe choice
(where's Lisa Marsh when you need her?!).

Hey, I just thought of something.  Remember how baggy Pete's pants were on
the '82 tour?  Case closed!

Lisa Grand