Talmy--->MCA/Polydor why?

I don't know the complete circumstances of the Who's recording
contracts and obligations, but if Talmy owns the rights to the
original tapes doesn't he have overall control of their release?  Now
that we are currently involved in a "Who awareness" project, why
couldn't Talmy say give a company like Rykodisc the opportunity to
release the improved My Generation with Talmy supervising the
remixing and transfers?  Let's say that MCA owns the release rights
to MG, why not change the album title to something like "The Who's
First Album" or etc.  The album would also have the Ryko bonus
section of singles, etc. that were recorded under Talmy.  You would
think that if MCA/Polydor had rightfull possession that they would've
obtained a court order by now.