Eric082 is a nasty, stupid little f$%k

Eric, re:
>You stupid f%k.  New York rules.  But what do you expect form a stupid hick
who lives in the boonies and sits around on the front porch picking his nose<

YOU'RE the stupid f$%k.  Durham is NOT "the boonies."  We are not "stupid
hicks."  Durham forms one corner of the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill
"Triangle," which was named the No. 1 place in the country to live by Money
Magazine in 1995.  There are more than 1,000,000 people in the Triangle.  The
Research Triangle Park, in the middle of the Triangle, is the home to enough
high-tech industry to cause the Triangle to have the highest concentration of
PhD's per capita of any place in the country.  The Triangle is also home to
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the nation's first state
university and ranked among the top 25 schools in the country, North Carolina
State University, ranked among the top 25 engineering schools in the country,
and Duke University, also ranked among the top 25 schools in the country.

What do we do for fun?  We do not "sit on the front porch and pick our
noses."  Raleigh is the state capital, and is the home of the North Carolina
Museum of Art, home of one of the best state-funded collections in the
country, the North Carolina Sympony, and many local theatre, music, and dance
companies.  Durham hosts the American Dance Festival every summer, where some
of the best and most promising choreographers and dancers premiere their new
works.  In the middle of downtown Durham you'll find the Durham Bulls
Athletic Park, a new $16 million ball park designed by the same architects
that designed Camden Yards, the home of the largest-drawing single A ball
club in the country, the Durham Bulls.  During the fall you can catch an ACC
football game, and during the winter, if you're lucky, you can get tickets to
see the NC State Wolfpack, Duke Blue Devils, or UNC Tarheels, teams that have
collectively won five national championships since 1982, beat the crap out of
nationally ranked teams.

We also have nine "art-house" movie theatres, nationally renowned restaurants
(including the Angus Barn and Crook's Corners), brew-pubs, concerts, art
galleries, a Pulitzer Prize winning newspaper (the Raleigh News & Observer),
several independant newsweeklies, history museums, and let's not forget the
Chapel Hill music scene --consistently rated as one of the biggest hotbeds of
"college" music in the country.

What else?  Well, *I* have an 85 year old 2,000 square foot house on a half
an acre along a tree lined street that's ten minutes from everywhere that I
bought for less than $200K.  I have a ten minute drive to work.  I have clean
air to breathe, and low crime to worry about.  My property taxes are
insignificant, and my cost of living is next to nothing.  I can buy a coke
for 65 cents from a street vendor.  I can take my wife out for a nice dinner
and spend less than $50 WITH a bottle of  wine.  We can go to a movie, buy
popcorn and drinks for less than $20.  Can YOU do all of that in New York?

Now I have nothing personally against New York.  I get up there a few times
each year, and enjoy it when I do.  But I'm always DAMNED GLAD to come back
home to North Carolina.  Eric, if you want to insult ME, based on things I
have said, then go ahead.  I'll be glad to refute your charges one by one.
 But don't insult my home, a place you know nothing about.  I'll take it over
New York ANY DAY.

BTW, when are you gonna grow enough BALLS to put your nasty little posts out
on the list where everyone can see?

Hoorah!  Hoorah!  The Old North State Forever. . .
AThosWhite