Talmy speaks

Just read an interview with Shel Talmy in the May 31st issue of  BAM (Bay
Area Music) Magazine.  It looks like were going to have to wait long and hard
to get correct re-mastered versions of the first singles and album.  Talmy
states “Whit the Who, everything that you have heard is from the mono tapes.
 I own all the original tapes, which includes ‘My Generation’ and ‘I Can’t
Explain.’ So, someday, if all the problems with the two record companies can
be sorted out, we will put them out and I will insist on mixing them myself.
 And then you will hear what they sound like.  Fortunately, the tape I used
has held up magnificently.  It sounds as good today as it did 30 years ago.”
 He also states that the sound quality of the current CD releases is not that
great.  Now I’m really afraid of him going in and remixing.