Re: John's voice

Kevin Winn wrote:

<<I think it  would also help to replace the sound man from the last tour.  He
couldn't  find a decent balance in the Fillmore, which George tells me is
normally  a very good sounding hall.  Santa Cruz was better, but then they had
all manner of problems with his bass rack.  Seems like it just shouldn't be that
hard...>>

Part of the problem may have been the fact that the sound men were dealing with
different equipment at the various venues.  With reference to the last tour,
Steve Luogo mentioned in a recent article from EQ (vol 7, issue 3, 1996):

"In order to keep costs down, we are not carrying much of our equipment with us.
Basically, we're carrying John's monitor system and backline, and using house
production.  Of course, there are pros and cons to this approach, but at least
you know that the system you are using-good or bad- will be tuned to the room"

<<Hopefully the interest in his Anthology CD (and hopefully, his entire
catalog released on CD) will further that notion in his mind.>>

Hopefully we will be treated to remixes of John's remaining solo material that's
as spectacular as what's on the Anthology.  I anxiously await what might be done
with You're mine/Number 29.

J.

"Gauguin"
"Go where?"