Re: Happiness

Doug "no-advice-on-what-you-should-do-with-your-own-life" Petteys, wrote:
>Now, if he is so obsessed with verification of facts before posting, why
>would he like to convince us INCORRECTLY that: ...[snip]...Orlando '82 >was
a radio broadcast

While it's well known I'm a Fang avoider,  I have to say in defense of
supplying correct info, Orlando '82 was a radio broadcast. It was broadcast
on WDIZ as local thing that was part of their 'rock superbowl' series that
they used to do. In fact, I can remember being extremely bummed I missed
taping the whole thing and was quite glad to be able to get a tape of the
highlights (about 60 min. worth) that was broadcast later. Unfortunately
this tape is about dead and I fear to play it anymore. I originally posted
this info to find out if the complete show was available for trade on new
fresh tape or on CD - which I'm still looking for. This show features a
raging Kenney on the drums. A fabulous concert!

>Posting 10-20 times a day does not assure us that an individual is an
>infallible source.  Pointing out the obvious and repeating what has
>already been mentioned is one way of appearing informed

On this your right, heavy posting doesn't make you informed, it makes you a
list geek, or, one who becomes [or attempts to become] the center of a list
by the sheer number of his posts - wether they offer anything new, are
relevant, or are actually informative. Nothing in cyberspace should be taken
as gospel at face value period... NOTHING. Also remember, AOL'ers can have
multiple 'screen names'. When I was on AOL I know Iwould post on the same
lists under different names... perhaps here on this list Fang has even
argued with himself!
        eddie, I'm bleedin' Quadrophenic, presley