Re: I'm not a Boy but....

At 12:34 PM 6/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>        I think I know what the trouble is.
>        The "I'm a Boy" on Meaty Beaty... is the one that was released (UK
>or US or both, I'm not sure).  The version on "Who's Missing" is one of
>(two?) originals that were not released until much later.
>        Then there's the Live At Leeds version, which I like the best of all.
>
>JenniferD
>A Guitar          _________
>\---\____________/         \
> :::=====================I  |
>(Courier font)
>

>With regard to the studio versions I believe it's the other way around. The
MBBAB version was the second version, and inferior IMO to the one recorded
earlier and released, at least in North America, later, eg. on the box set.
I recall reading years ago that the MBBAB one was recorded because some
legal problem prevented the release on our shores of the original; ditto for
Magic Bus, but I don't know if this is accurate. Note also that these
versions of I'm a Boy we're discussing are two different recordings, not
just a different mix or alternate stereo/mono presentation....Gary M.