The Who in 96 (not running for the Presidency)

Mark L., re the QUAD shows this summer:

>>>If you miss it, you will be missing a great show.<<<

I agree with Jeff; there is some desperation on this list about getting to
gawk at the boys.  You are HOPING (like hell) the QUAD shows will be good.
 Hey, the Who have been involved with some good stuff like this (ultimately,
their performance on the ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS) and some duds (the TOMMY thing
in 72 or so when Townshend drunkenly narrated).  The quest-star stuff from 89
was...OK.  Not great, and certainly not great rock and roll.  Maybe great
kitsch or glitz, but not the kind of thing the Who used to give out (even as
recently as some of the 79 and 82 shows).

I think Jeff's trying to inject a dose of reality here:  It's WHAT'S LEFT OF
THE WHO + GUEST STARS ATTEMPTING TO DO QUADROPHENIA IN HOPES OF REALLY
SHOWING THEATRE PRODUCERS HOW GOOD IT MIGHT BE AS A COMPLETE STAGE DRAMA SO
THAT PETE CAN MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY AND REALIZE ANOTHER OF HIS OLD IDEAS
BEFORE MOVING ON TO HIS BIGGEST MENTAL BLOCK OF ALL:  LIFEHOUSE.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that.

- --Jim