Re: Calling It The Who Without Pete

Mark Leaman, Re:

>Surely
>you don't want this Digest to become nothing but posts like: "Oh, gee
>willikers, The Who are so gosh-darned GOOD! Dontcha just LOVE their music?
>They're so COOL!" now do you?

        This is very funny.  Maybe not on this list, but I put down The Who
all the time, probably more that any other band.  This is because they ARE
my favorite band, and I like to point out all of their faults as well as
their positive attributes (and there are many, as we all know.)  I would
have to feel totally indifferent to a band, if I didn't pick on them, or if
I scramble for a compliment:  "Oh yeah, they're pretty good."
        I didn't see The Who in '89, and I didn't even attempt to.  I
regret it now, but at that time, The Who was pretty much in the background
of the music I most frequently listened to.  However, the main reason why I
didn't go was that at the time I was very much against the additional
musicians that were added.  Now my attitude is that I'll take 'em as I get
'em, so this somewhat makes me laugh now.  Almost everyone I know was in
Giant Stadium those nights, but I was always known to all my friends as the
one who was most likely to go.  One of my best friends doesn't even like
The Who that much, but her friend offered her a ticket, and she felt it was
an "event" worth going to.  She was right in front of the stage, and I was
elsewhere, thinking about what was going on at the concert.  Oddly, I've
come to the conclusion that I did not go see my favorite band because they
were my favorite band.  If I only had a casual interest in The Who, I would
have been at those concerts in '89.  What this has to do with anything, I
can't tell ya.
                                                                        Stacey.