Re: QUAD at MSG--THE band!

>Sorry, Mark, but since there's gonna be guest stars, etc. and potentially a
>severely reduced onstage role for Pete, it will not be the "greatest rock
>band."  That is, it will not be THE WHO.  It will be WHAT'S LEFT OF THE WHO +
>GUEST STARS PERFORM QUADROPHENIA.  I hope they give you guys a good show, but
>don't let your "boyish" enthusiasm cloud the facts.

Jim:

Hey! To quote Eric Burdon "Don't bring me down..." This is going to be THE
concert of the summer. Who can touch it? Kiss? Foreigner/Styx/Kansas (how
could you tell when one ends and the other starts)? Metallica?
OK, MAYBE The Sex Pistols...but somehow I doubt it.
They set the thing up so fast that The Stones didn't even have time to get
together their usual "spoilers" tour to follow The Who around the country.
Why don't you just come and enjoy it?

Actually, I don't care if it's a reduced Who...so far, the "guest stars" are
only Starkey and the guitarist (the name escapes me). I doubt we'll see
Clapton, Dylan, Bono...know what I mean? So it looks to me like this will be
the closest to The Who since `82. And that will do nicely, thank you.
There's so much acoustic in QUAD that I think it may be stronger for
Townshend playing it that way, actually.
Add to it the fact that I'm looking forward to meeting some of the Digestors
(as I like to think of you guys)...
"Boyish enthusiasm," eh? So how come an adult (and I am surely that...way
past 21) can't get excited without suffering this sort of tag? You're
stepping on my civil rights, man!
Hope you change your mind and join us.

                   Cheers                   ML