Re: Calling It The Who Without Pete

>When the discussion turns into A wine-a -thon, thats when I have to say
>something. Granted, we are entitled to our own opinions.  I grew up with this
>band, and I have alot of Roger's personallity.

ROBPREMIER:

You grew up with the band, huh? I've been a fan...let's see...27 years now.
I not only feel that I have the right (and obligation, if we're going to
have an honest discussion here) to not only discuss the good things about
the band, but the downside as well. I wouldn't call that a "whine-a-thon,"
but dealing with the reality of the situation. As Townshend often is. Surely
you don't want this Digest to become nothing but posts like: "Oh, gee
willikers, The Who are so gosh-darned GOOD! Dontcha just LOVE their music?
They're so COOL!" now do you?
Instead, we adults here discuss each and every aspect of the band. I didn't
see you jump up when I said that Plant's voice was shot. Is it only Daltrey
you get offended with? Didn't you grow up with LZ, too?
As for your statement about Daltrey's personality, I would think that
something like that would assume two factors: personal contact with Rog & a
very imitative nature. Are you claiming these things for yourself?

                   Cheers                   ML