WARNING

Just got back from a fruitless trip to Atlanta and wanted to issue this
WARNING:

ROBERT WHITE (no relation!) of ATLANTA, GA is selling a "Fenderbird" bass
that was supposedly owned by John Entwistle.  THIS GUITAR IS A FRAUD.  He
purchased this guitar in 1994 from DAVID COMER of TAMPA, FL, who bought it
from STEVEN HARPER of ANNAPOLIS, MD.  I originally came across this guitar
when Harper was trying to sell it in 1990, and informed him that it was not
what he thought it was, and that the written history was garbage.  The
history suggests that the guitar was a prize in a contest sponsored by a
Phoenix, AZ radio station in 1975.  The history refers to both a nonexistant
radio station, and a nonexistant concert date.  I have run across three
Fenderbirds in the last five or six years with the same "spotless" history.
 I should have known better, but I got two calls from people I trust about
this one.  Ah well, they are out there, and one day I WILL find one. . .

Despite my debunking (and if you want more details, e-mail me), HARPER still
sold this guitar as authentic.  WHITE said he wouldn't, but I'll keep my ears
open.  THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS ALWAYS CHECK THE DETAILS.

Eric-sorry, but I only take new customers through referrals.  AS A FREEBIE,
though, Gruhn Guitars in Nashville had one as of last week, as did Sam Moss
Guitars in Winston-Salem, NC.

I've been searchin' low and high. . .
AThosWhite