Kenney Jones Update

There was some questions a few weeks ago about what Kenney was up to these
days.  I don't think anyone's brought up the latest issue of Goldmine, which
has a cover feature on the Small Faces, so I guess I will...  The article
includes interviews this past spring with Kenney and Ian McLagan, as well as
excerpts from old interviews with Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane.

Kenney and Ian both allude to a possible Faces reunion tour with Rod Stewart,
Ron Wood, and a bassist as a benefit for Ronnie, whose condition has
debilitated seriously.  Mention was made that they did a one-off, unannounced
reunion show in England after the end of Stewart's European tour last winter.
 Kenney also says that he is spending a lot of time on behalf of the band
working with attorneys to reacquire the rights to the masters and the
publishing for the Small Faces catalog.  He is also planning to re-do
"Ogden's Nut Gone Flake," complete with orchestra and special guests, but the
project is on hold pending the resolution of some of the rights issues.  And
he says that Phil Collins has already expressed an interest in participating
(does this guy have to ruin everything?)

Given that Kenney and Ian have both had to replace Keith Moon, each in their
own way, there are, as expected, several Who references in the article - all
basically complimentary.  There's no discussion of Kenney's stint in the Who,
though.  But there's are some amusing recollections from the Who's ill-fated
Australian tour, which included the Small Faces.  Seems that Marriott, Moon,
and Wiggy Woolf did some hotel decorating in their spare time...

The article's definitely worth checking out.

John