Re: Calling it the Who without Pete...

Ian, re:

>Let's think on a realistic level "for a moment".  Honestly I'm shocked
that so many list members are so desperate to see a fraud.

I think you're taking that one a wee bit far... Personally, I'm as big a fan
as the band member's solo careers as the "group" of them... I got tremendous
personal satisfaction hearing Roger perform "After The Fire" live in '85,
Pete doing "A Quick One While He's Away" in '93, Roger & John doing "Relay"
in '95 and John doing "Heaven & Hell" in '96.

What they "call themselves" is only relevant to TICKET SALES. Low ticket
sales basically mean NO incentive to continue. As for the name game, why
should some whole generation of fans who were too young to see them in the
70's, too young to see them in the '80's and NOW finally old enough to go, be
denied the opportunity to see these guys "together"???

I think you'd be happier if they called themselves "Daltrey, Entwistle &
Townshend". However, if doing so, they couldn't sell tickets, then nobody
benefits...

- -wf