Re: Flying Lizards (a bit of Who content)

>From: Scott Curtis <SJCurtis@cris.com>
>
>This is way off any topic but I remember in 79 or 80 hearing a band called
>The Flying Lizards do a cover of the Beatles' "Money". They were one of the
>1st new wave bands as I remember. Does anyone remember them or have a copy
>of any of their stuff? I though they were uh...well interesting.

Actually, Scott, there is a bit of Who content.  I have one of their (the
only?) albums, and besides "Money" (weren't the Beatles covering that,
too?), they do a version of "Summertime Blues".  You're right, it is...
uh... well interesting, but I kinda like it.  It's kind of low-tech,
industrial, drum machines, tape loops, monotone German-accented
talk/singing type stuff.  Pretty strange.  A caveat, this is all from
memory, as I haven't actually had it out in quite some time.

- --Tom