Re: Who IS The Who

Andy, re:

> Roger and John COULD tour as "The Who" with Pete's permission, and I'd be
right up there in line to buy my tickets, but I wouldn't be there to see "The
Who,"  I'd be
there to see Roger and John.  Anybody who thought they were there to see "The
Who" would either be stupid or fooling themselves.

You bring up an excellent point, that I will clarify I bit. All this arguing
in "what's in a name?" is kinda silly...

The whole "name" thing isn't for us, it's for the morons who don't even know
WHO is in the WHO. Does anyone seriously think that the majority of the
70,000 people who cram into a stadium show know the difference of WHO is in
the band??? "Gee, I hope they play "Pinball Wizard"!!! I heard that one on
the radio!!!" No, the name thing isn't for us, because most of us would
gladly see John solo, Roger solo, Pete solo, Roger & John, etc... However, if
Roger & John call themselves "The Who", then it makes the difference between
barely filling a 3,000 seat theater, to selling out 4 nights at Giants
Stadium. THAT is the difference. Personally, I'd MUCH rather see them do
that, then lose money trying to tour and have people go "John Entwistle???
Who's that???" If they can keep their heads above water, they will stay
active, produce records and keep things going, period. I personally don't
give a rat's <Picard> what they call themselves, I'll see them anyway and I'd
rather see them more often...

So... there you have it...

-wf