Re: MSG shows (Ray Davies)Sun Dec 7 15:05:57 PST 1997

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996 23:01:08 -0400, Litgo@aol.com wrote:

>>Actually, I've heard his name IS pronounced Davis.  I guess this is a US/UK
>>English thing.  UK Listers, any comments?
>
>Then I'll believe the local station... The VH1 storytellers thing was saying
>dav-ies. I guess the Kinks don't have the PR machine the who had. It's rare
>to hear a "Town-sshhend."

While I don't know Mr. DAvies personally, so I cannot say how *he*
pronounces his name, I do know that "Davies" is commonly pronounced
like "Davis" in England.

We are two peoples divided by a common language.<g>

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies."
                                                        Voltaire