humouring each other

Mark L wrote:
>I'm going to assume that the reason Pete said that about Rog glancing over
>during Sister Disco because Rog wanted to do it as a showmanship thing.
>Which Pete isn't into, not much anyway. Not to the point of planning it out.
>I think that his showmanship is more spontaneous. I could be wrong, but
>that's the impression I get.

        True, Pete seems to be the spontaneous type.  I think he took too
much delight (watch as he recounts the story) in tormenting Roger.  Roger,
at the time an actor, was acting - and he wanted Pete to play a role.
        I think Mr. Townshend was being his usual pain in the --- in not
humouring Roger.  Just ONE GESTURE - a nod of the head, a step in Roger's
direction, even leaning that way - could have made everything hunky-dory for
Roger for probably a fortnight, but Noooooo.
        That's the way the Who are (were?).  Gotta love 'em.

JenniferD
A Guitar          _________