In defense of Pete...

Okay, granted Pete DOES have the tendancy to try and pull some sort of
Dr. Frankenstein thing with the Who. I can't explain (three points!) or
even really begin to understand this. Maybe he just gets bored every few
years. Maybe, like he said about the '89 tour, it is just for the money
(wasn't young Master Townshend born in 1989? I don't doubt that Pete and
Karen, at least, could have used some extra money!). But I will fully
defend him in his right not to get the Who back together. If I were him,
I'd much rather be doing some manly male-bonding things with my son. How
involved do you think Pete was able to be in the rearing of his two
girls? Should we really begrudge him the chance to be with his boy?
Sure, it would be nice to have the Who back in some form, a new album,
touring around, playing in my living room (hey, I'm dreaming here!).
Remember, I'm only 15, the Who broke up while my idea of good music was
the alphabet song on Seasame Street. I'd LOVE to be able to see the60i
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com