Re: "Is you is or is you ain't The Who..."

>Huh? I've listened to those demos, too, and they have their points of
>interest. But Roger Daltrey *made* Tommy. To this day I cannot imagine
>anyone else persuasively singing "See me. Feel me. Touch me. Heal me."
>Roger at the very least has to be on anyone's short-list of the
>greatest rock singers of our time. Pete, while his voice has a certain
>charm, is simply not a great singer. Had Pete released the demos,
>however "tarted up", as a solo album, it would now be one the great
>rock "trivia" items.

Kevin:

I don't agree. I think TOMMY would have still been a major release. Not to
downplay Daltrey's contribution (studiowise, we're talking here)...but he
really came into his own as a Rock vocalist with LAL, for those of us who
weren't fortunate enough to see him.
Remember, Dylan did alright with just content and music not nearly on par
with Pete's.

                   Cheers                   ML