Re: Bill Bruford (no who content)

Hi Jordy!

You are right!  I didn't mention Bruford's stint in the 1980's with KC.  Are
you sure that Bruford didn't also drum on the last Yes album?  I thought
that all the original and non-original members collaborated on it (i.e.,
sent in recorded tapes and merged them).

Later.

Doug.

At 04:33 PM 5/31/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Doug wrote,
>
>>Bill Bruford was in Yes, then left to join King Crimson (in 1973) (that
>>subsequently released 3 amazing studio albums).  After King Crimson
>>disbanded (1975), he joined Genesis on the road to help out (I think in
>>1976).  After this I think he disappeared until Anderson, BRUFORD, Wakeman,
>>Howe toured and put out an album in 1989.  Now, I think he returned to Yes
>>for that last album they released.
>

>Bill Bruford didn't exactly disappear. He was a member of the re-formed
>King Crimson from the from the early 80's till now, first with the
>Adrian Belew/Robert Fripp/Tony Levin/Bruford lineup, and recently with
>the incredible double trio lineup of Fripp and Belew on guitars,
>Pat Mastelotto and Bruford on drums/percussion, and Tony Levin/Trey
>Gunn on bass/Chapman stick. I saw the six-man lineup three times and
>they're incredible.
>
>Bruford also released 4 albums under the Bruford name (featuring Jeff
>Berlin and Allan Holdsworth), a pair of piano/drum duet albums with
>Patrick Moraz, and several jazz albums as Earthworks.
>
>And I believe Alan White drummed on the last Yes album.
>

>Jordy Long
>ai021 @ lafn.org

Douglas L. Ciceri

Tectonic Studies Group