Re: My stupid theory

wrote:

>When an author starts writing a book and then puts it down for a few years
>and then picks it up and finishes it, does it mean that he/she is putting
>his/her estate in order?  Maybe Pete thinks he's getting old and wants to
die
>before that happens!

No offense intended Gord1, but I think you're missing my point.  My point is
that
Pete's ENTIRE creative output since 1989 has been built around "old" ideas.
There has only been one "new" album, and that was built upon a framework
laid in 1970.  Compare that with any other seven year period in his musical
history.  If it was JUST "Lifehouse," or JUST "Tommy," or JUST
"Quadrophenia,"--
all projects that did not end to his liking--then maybe your analogy might be
apt.

You went on to say:

>Or it could be (god forbid) that Pete has a lot more time than he did while
>he was with the Who to work on projects that he didn't have time to finish
>before...

Could be.  But why this sudden burst of activity on "old" projects?  He's
been
(more or less) free from The Who for fourteen years now.  If being with The
Who
didn't allow him to work on these things, why did it take him so long to get
back
to them?

Other comments?

H&K