RE: Keyboards (was Bruford)

 Chris H., re:

>>BTW, to Litgo, I think--the Who toured in 79 with the brass section on
their
>>American gigs (I can't recall if they did so on their European shows in
>>summer, 79).  Roger obviously relented to the horn section, but certainly
not
>>the second guitarist nor the full-time keyboard player.

>Didn't he?  Seems to me they had a full-time keyboard player >(whether
>Rabbit or Tim Gorman) right up until the "farewell" tour.

Pete wanted the keyboard player to be a contributing member of the band both
onstage and in studio.  Both Gorman and Rabbit played on Who records and
tours, but basically only made suggestions about arrangments, etc., rather
than write songs.  So, Rabbit and Gorman joined them as essentially session
players, but they didn't contribute material to the band, which I believe
Pete had wanted in his original ideas for a post-Moon Who, since he no longer
wanted to "carry the band."  Hence, the compromise that we got in 1979.

>BTW, anybody know how John Bundridge got the nickname >"Rabbit"?  (I don't.)

It's Bundrick, actually.  The man has a snaggle toothed overbite.  I think
it's a rather cruel nickname, but I guess he's made out OK for himself.

--Jim