The Power Of Hoodoo

         I was listening to some music last night and as I was going
through my collection of Who bootlegs, I pulled out a FOUR album boot
called The Power Of Hoodoo.  This boot claims on the cover to have
material from the Marquee Club, June 1963.  The song titles are as
follows:
     Side 1A   Dance (To Keep From Crying), Young Man's Blues, Long
                    Tall Shorty, Pretty Thing, All Night Long
     Side 2B   Instrumental #1, Instrumental #2, Blues Medely
     Side 3A   1964: I'm The Face, Zoot Suit, 1965: Bald Headed
                     Woman, Daddy Rolling Stone, Anytime You Want Me,
                     Shout & Shimmy, I'm A Man, Waltz For A Pig
     Side 4B   1966: Batman, Bucket T, Barbara Ann, Disguises,
                     Circles, I'm A Boy, In The City, I've Been Away,
                     Heatwave
     Side 5A    1967: The Last Time, Under My Thumb, Mary Anne With
                     The Shaky Hands, 1968: Dogs, 1969: Dogs(Part2),
                     1970: Here For More, Heaven & Hell, 1971: When I
                     Was A Boy
     Side 6B    Shindig: Daddy Rolling Stone, Can't Explain, My
                     Generation, Richmond Jazz Festival: I Can See
                     For Miles, Anyway,Anyhow,Anywhere, Shout
     Side 7A    The Seeker, Water, Naked Eye, I Don't Even Know
                     Myself (Radio London)
     Side 8B   Postcard, Early Morning Cold Taxi, Grace Space Race,
                     Summertime Blues, My Way, Young Mans Blues
                     (Outakes From "Who Sell Out")

  Sides 1,2 &6 all are live material.  The remainder are studio
tracks.  If sides 1&2 are truly from the Marquee, I would like to
hear the story of how the bootleggers got this stuff.  The sound
quality of the live stuff is not real great.  The way this boot is
organised is very interesting.  You can hear how the sound of The Who
changed throughout the early part of their career.  You also get to
hear how recording techniques were developing at the same time.  The
version of My Generation on side 6 is different than any other way I
have heard them perform it.  If someone else out there has this boot,
I'm sure you know what I mean.  I am surprised that some of the songs
on this didn't make it on to the 30 Years box.  Hopefully, the
upcoming Odds & Sods will include some of these treasures.
     I am willing to trade copies of any part or all of this boot for
interesting stuff that I don't have yet.  I am very interested in
getting a copy of Pete's 9:00 show at the House of Blues.  Send me a
message if interested.
                                 Brad