re:MG/Who vs Zep/Pagey

> You forgot Bo Diddley, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Billie Holliday,
> etc. etc. Yeah yeah, I know. I have all of these and more in my collection.
> I still stand by my statement...MG is very different. It's easy enough to
> hear that. There isn't a Blues song that predicts it...none that I've heard,
> and I'd be very surprised to hear one. None of the artists you mention even
> come close.
> I love Howling Wolf's voice, don't you?
>
> ><< Blues came from Gospel and Country And Western>>
> >
> >Gotta disagree with this one.  Blues and gospel both came from similar roots,
> >i.e. the "negro spiritual" from the 1800's.  The first commercial usage of
> >the term "blues" dates back to 1902, but it's private usage may date back to
> >well before that.  Country and Western had nothing to do with it.  Actually,
> >C&W borrowed from the blues.

I'm here to respond to this before my personal carnage is destroyed.
First of all there is documented proof of the blues as early as 1890. I
read a quote that I THOUGHT you said that blues borrowed from jazz????  I
hope I'm wrong because it's a documented fact that jazz didn't begin
until at least 1920.  The fact is jazz borrowed directly from the blues
but allowed a slight european influence initially.