My first post (sob, choke)

Not that anyone asked for it ('specially since I just stumbled onto this
digest from AOL
thanks to the omnipresent White Fang [and many thanks to you, indeed, tho' I
still think
you're wrong about Bob Mould and hope you took my advice posted on that
board]), but
here's my 2 cents on the topic of "Worst Who Songs:"

Gary Maiullo wrote:
>>It is The Real Me on the box set with Kenney Jones on drums.  It just
doesn't compare to the original version with Keith.  I can hardly stand to
listen to it.  Of the songs people posted that they felt were the worst, I
get the feeling THIS track was overlooked. Complete rubbish, and I feel safe
to say that it is the WORST Who song (version) ever released.<<

Gotta disagree with you there.  Don't get me wrong, the ORIGINAL "Real Me"
was one
of their best--and the BASS-DOMINATED remix on the soundtrack is scary good,
but
there's a real groovy, almost funky laid-back feel to this version that had
me dancin' for
days after I first got the box set.  John is loose as a goose, Pete slashes
and burns, Roger spits out the lyrics like they taste bad to him, the horns
punch in an almost "Motown-y" groove, and Kenney...well Kenney keeps time.
 Must be jelly cause jam don't shake like that.  Give it another listen
without comparing it to the original version.

>>Seems like Cache Cache is showing up on a lot of "worst of" lists.  Am I
the only one
that thinks this is a good song?  Definitely one of my favorites from Face
Dances.<<

You just might be.  Now the demo version on Scoop, well that's another story.
 This is
clearly one of those songs that was under NO circumstances written for Roger
to sing.  He HADN'T woken up in bear pit.  Pete had.  Pete's demo is angry
and hard and nasty and full of glorious self-loathing.  Tasty.

My own choices?  Hmmm, not a whole lot out there I actively dislike, but if
held to the
wall I'd have to say:

1.  "Early Morning,Cold Taxi".  There's a pretty good reason it stayed
unreleased for so
long

2.  "Water".  Uggh.

3.  "Disguises".  You kinda gotta wish they'd released this one wearing
disguises.

4.  "Cooks County."  This song leaves me suffering.  I'll say it again.  This
song leaves me
suffering.  This song/is so long/I skip it when it begins.

Hugs and Kisses to all,
AThosWhite