Re: Roger's view on Zeppelin

You wrote:

>Okay!  Once again, I'm doing this without permission, so don't tell
anyone...

>        As told by a man who was there.
>        The year was 1970.  The date was January 9....
>        "Roger Daltrey was backstage with a drink in his hand,
accompanied
>by his girlfriend, Heather.  He was watching the show [Zep concert]
with an
>astonished look on his face.
>        'I know why no one wants to play with these guys,' he said.
>'They're just too good.'"

Interesting.

Seven months earlier Zep opened for The Who, in their one and only
pairing.  According to the review in the paper The Who stole the show.

I can't see Roger (Pete yes) being threatened by anybody or suffering
from low self-esteem.  Besides if there was a group/person that The Who
felt threatened by I believe it was James Marshall Hendrix not Led
Zeppelin.  Have ever noticed how often Hendrix's name comes up in
interviews with the Who?  I mean Pete on the Late Night show this
month, when asked whom he remembered being impressd with to the point
of saying I wish I would/could have done that, answered Jimi Hendrix.

Bruce