Re: drummers who "replace" Keith.

Henry, re:

> For referance check out the live version ('89) of "I Can See For Miles" in
which Simon does not (refuses?) to play the 16th note "fills" or "rolls"
during the chorus -- instead playing a straight beat.  How can any drummer
listen to the original version of "I Can See..." and decide to axe this part?
 This to me is a prime example of Philips not having a real, soulful
connection to the original music.

I can't agree with you more on this one (How DO you play "I Can See For
Miles" with a steady beat???) However, it is possible that this was "one" of
the songs the guy just needed to keep a beat in order to REST. I'm sure
playing the drums for 4 hours can be a "wee" bit demanding.

BTW, I will say this... the only Who-related drummer I've heard do this song
justice (post-Keith) is our very own, Steve Luongo. It's too bad they didn't
do it on the tour, I think you would have been impressed...

-wf