RE: MG 1st Rock Song?

>Didn't Pete say that MG was also the first "punk" song?  Seems I
>remember something like that when the punk phase was hitting in the late
>70's and he was asked what do you think of Punk and replied with
>something like  "we've been doing it for 20 years".  Someone please help
>me get my fact straight.
>
>Thanks,

Blaine:

I'd say that Anyway Anyhow Anywhere was the first Punk song, due to the
attitude and posture as much as the lyrics. I will agree that MG is Punk,
lyrically. And Punk came from the early Who, that's true enough. But I
notice most Punk bands cover Substitute, The Kids Are Alright, and AAA.
Out In The Street is Punk, too.

                   Cheers                   ML