Re: BBE vs. STH/Popularity

Shane, re:

>Heartbreaker & Whole Lotta Love are also songs
>everyone I know who plays guitar can play and learned early on.  There are
>several Zep guitar books out there (one for each album, one for the box
>set, one for LZ GH, one for acoustic LZ ,etc ad nauseum) Right now there
>are only 2 or 3 commonly available Who guitar books available (The Who
>Anthology & The Who Score plus one I can't think of).  More people choose
>they want to play LZ, and so more books are available to meet the demand.
>This is an extension of popularity, but considering new musicians come
>from this pool, it is also musical influence)

I think all guitar teachers are required to teach these songs....

The other who one is My Generation. BTW, what's the Who Score? I don't think
I've seen that one.

Guitar-toting kids naturally gravitate (or are pushed) toward the more-flashy
style of Led Zeppelin and related songs. It_is a good stepping point to
either other hard rock or blues styles. Who songs are great for rythym
studies. And those guitar-toting kids I mentioned earlier couldn't give a
rat's ass about rythym. "TEACH ME ERUPTION, DAMMIT! -- I GOTTA PLAY LIKE
EDDIE, MAN!..."

Litgo