Re: Had Enough

Ray Schweighardt, re:

>Why does every digest have to start with 7 to 10 messages from you?  Do you
>have a compulsion that requires your useless posts to be the first thing
>subscribers see so they reach for that delete button less than halfway
>through a digest (which is what I mainly do these days, because I am sick of
>wading through your crap to read about THE WHO, which is why I'm here in the
>first place).  Try to muster some sort of self control and stop replying to
>every single friggin' post as if this was your personal digest, will ya?

The non-digest members of this group actually have no control over the order
or content of the digest version. The digest merely collects all the messages
in a given time period, puts them together, then sends them out in an
encapsulated form. If wf is the first person to post after the digest is
automatically sent out, then his posts will be the first on the digest. If I
was the one up at 4:30 or whenever the digest is downloaded, I would be the
one with the posts at the top of the digest.

If you require better control over your incoming messages, try the non-digest
version and obtain one of these filters people were talking about this
weekend. You can expurgate any posts you deem unwanted automatically. Or, you
can manually delete those you do not want to read. Then it's up to you to
decide what you want and don't want to read.

Litgo