WhoFest `96

At the requset of a few Digest members, I'm once again posting the info on
the WhoFest here in Myrtle Beach this coming August...sponsered by
Generations Used CDs, of course. You're all invited ("...down to this
locality/To have a heapin' helpin' etc") and I hope to see you here.
BTW, as Dylan said, "The hour's getting late..." at least for reservations.
In other words, now's the time to make them.
Here's the info, written in a somewhat professional manner by yours truly:

WHOFEST 1996 UPDATE

Glad to see so many people are interested in joining us
for this gathering of fans. Hope some of you made some of the Pete and John solo
shows.
OK, here are the answers to the most asked questions:
What will be going on?

Well, this is not a formal convention. So the answer is you will be the main
feature of the `Fest. It's a gathering of fans, which gives us all a chance
to meet. There will be certainly an exchange of music (so I encourage you to
bring your "imports" and bootlegs, and blank tapes, too) and
thoughts/memories/ideas about the band. Being a veteran of a WhoFest, I can
assure you that it's great fun joining with other fans. It's the next best
thing to a Who concert.

Why Myrtle Beach, SC?

It just sort of worked out that way, but it is a great place to
visit anyway...lots of things to do for Who fans and family members as well.
As a beach resort, MB is dedicated almost completely to entertainment. Plenty of
places to stay, too. Then too the first Meher Baba Center in the US is here,
which Pete visits whenever he's in the states. We will be visiting them
during the `Fest. A great way to get insight into his writing, and you can
meet people who know him personally! Very nice people, at that...don't
worry; you won't get deluged with folks insisting that you become a Baba
Follower.

What about a place to stay?

You can get a listing of motels (and a lot of other info) from this address:
Myrtle Beach Area Chamber Of Commerce
1200 N. Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC  29577
Or call (803)-626-7444
There is a large assortment of price ranges available, so you can easily
suit your needs. I would like to have everyone as close together as possible
(especially anyone who is flying in), so I am willing to try coordinating
it...however, it seems an impossible task. Still, I will give it a shot. The
easiest way to do this would be to choose several places in your price range
so I can find the best area. Wish me luck!

I live a long way away. What's the easiest way to get there?

There is an airline called MB Jet Express which has very reasonable rates
($59 - $79) from certain major Eastern cities. New York, Philadelphia,
Newark, and Chicago for instance. The number to call is: 800-386-2786. There
is also a new Airline called AirSouth. I have no details, but you can check
them out too.
I wouldn't wait too long on this, as it begins to get busy here in April.
August can be deadly.

When is WhoFest, exactly?

The date has been set as "in August," and we need some feedback to pin it
down...so let me know what you think! It's hot and sunny here that time of
year...so you can do some beach if you want.

Well, other than specific questions from individuals, that's it. I hope you will
join us here for this gathering...and, as always, I am here to help anyone who
needs it. Just drop me a line...

                   Cheers                   ML