Re: Underture

Hi!

I'm not trying to get a pot of oil boiling by disagreeing (like I usually
do) but I really enjoy underture.  Although it is a repetitive song, the
instrumentation is fabulous.  Keith's drumming is good (especially near the
end).  Another way of looking at it is that perhaps sparks IS underture.

Take Care!

Doug.

At 10:07 PM 5/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>  Yes, I admit it! I hate this song! I skip over it every time I listen to
>Tommy. But oddly enough I like Sparks very much. The reason I don't like The
>Underture is that it IS Sparks!!! It's the same damned thing over and over.
>Honestly, I get bored with Sparks (As it is on the LP, live is a different
>story) I can understand the whole mental journey that it supposed to
>represent, I just don't think that it represents it very well. It is not the
>length, "Some of my favorite songs are long" :) In all honesty I don't think
>that the song, as it is on the LP makes effective use of it's time (Kind of
>like Rich T and this list!).
>
>  As much as people can't believe that I don't like the Underture, I'm
>supprised at how many people dislike "Athena". I happen to like this song
>very much (all of those Underture-lovers are saying-"Figures!") I think that
>it was a good, new, and fresh sound for The Who at the time. I'm also
>supprised at the amount of poeple who dislike "Cache, Cache" But I guess
>variety is the etc. etc.
>
>Vac

Douglas L. Ciceri

Tectonic Studies Group