Re: Behind Blue Eyes vs. Stairway to Heaven

Brad, re:

>But my personal opinions aside, Stairway to Heaven is generally
regarded as one of, if not the, best rock song ever written.  It continually
wins every poll ever given by every radio station.

Without starting a whole Zep vs Who debate (or is that Who vs Zep debate?) I
do want to give my favorite reminder of quanity vs quality. For example, many
more people pick VW's over Mercedes, not because they are better, but because
they are cheaper. If it was a matter of "popularity" polls, VW would win over
MB every time.

I would say without hesitation that there are MORE Zepelin fans than Who
fans, especially of younger ages, that would surely be amongst the population
that calls radio stations to participate in these "polls"... Being more
"popular" doens't necessarily make it better...

-wf