Re: The Sound Of Blood And ThunderSun Dec 7 14:49:30 PST 1997

On Sat, 25 May 1996 13:53:57 -0400, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
wrote:

>So it's a two-headed beast, this thing we call The Who. Which is your
>favorite aspect? And why?

Hmmm...That is a tough question. I love the Blood & Thunder <g>, and
Live at Leeds cranked up in the car can make even traffic tolerable.
But if all I wanted was the B&T I don't think I would be a real Who
fan. I could always to listen to Led Zeppelin for that. You mentioned
Sunrise, which comes from a great album, which I earlier nominated as
the best all-around Who album. Sell Out is great, IMHO, because you
get all sides. You have Armenia, I Can See For Miles, which is the
B&T, you Sunrise and Odorono, which is the sweet side, Tattoo which is
the whimsical side, Rael for the extended story...I have been
listening to this album for nearly 30 years now, and I still love it
just as much.

So I guess my view is that if you *removed* any of these sides of The
Who, they would be "just another band", and I might have one or two
albums or I might not, and it wouldn't matter.

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and
the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell