Who List Grievance Escalation

For some unknown reason, this wasn't received by the list.

--- On Fri, 24 May 96 23:34:30  Tim Herrlinger <tjherrlinger@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

     I gotta agree with what Bernd wrote:
>>Personally, I don't care what RT does outside of this list.
     Are we going to "investigate" everyone who does something we don't like?
     I looked at Rich's web page a while back when I was checking out his Who bootleg list.  Yeah, I saw his other stuff too.  So what?  No one forces you to press those links or continue reading.  It's exactly like what I was told about the off-topic postings!  Have we heard this before? If you don't want to read about it, then hit the delete key (or in the case of Rich's personal web pages, don't access them).  Actually, I believe having to hit the delete key for messages to this list is worse because we have all chosen to subscribe to this list and we haven't chosen to "subscribe" to Rich's page.  There were so many people on this list throwing around the words "free speech" not long ago.  Doesn't Rich or anyone else have the right to put whatever they want on their personal web page?
     I agree that contacting someone's employer is going too far.
     I thought the best remedy for dousing someone's flames was to return them back in unison.  With people getting filters for their email though, the offenders and offendees will be at the same stage again.  It seems that we've undergone nuclear escalation.  I just hope no bombs go off.

     Tim Herrlinger