Re: Pete's drummers

Chris, re:

>    It's been a while since I've posted, but I have a question to
>pose.  Why is it that Pete seems to use Mark Brzezicki only during
>recording and not on tour?  I might be wrong, but I have only heard
>of Pete using Simon Phillips while touring.  Any reason for this?

That's a good question, but I think it has to do more with "Who's around at
the moment". Simon has done studio work for Pete all along as well as Mark.
However, you can see the difference immediately between how they both handled
"English Boy". Simon completely blows Mark away...

>    Also, there is only one who song that I can think of that I don't
>enjoy.  It is The Real Me on the box set with Kenney Jones on drums.
>It just doesn't compare to the original version with Keith.  I can
>hardly stand to listen to it.

In fairness to Kenny, it's not just the drums that are different. I think
they were trying to do something "very" different--and did!

-wf