Marsh/John in Cincy

>Now folks have said that it was owing to some articles by Marsh that
>contributed to Townshend losing some enthusiasm for the Who.  Now
>what the hell is all that about? Why would Townshend, contrary to
>his repeated adamant claims, give a damn about what anyone else says?

>Jeff

Maybe Pete was upset because he finally found someone who wrote in longer
paragraphs than he?

On Before I Get Old, I agree that it tails off toward the end, barely
covering the band's activity from '76 to '82.  But until Pete writes his
own book, to me it's the definitive history of the band.  The sections on
Tommy and especially Lifehouse are very interesting.  The Barnes book is
very good, but I like it mainly for the pictures.

And you can be assured that when Pete does write the book, it will be just
as long as Marsh's.

I have heard John is playing in Cincinnati in February, don't have the date
on me.  He's coming to Annie's, a heavy metal dive very close to my house.
Anyone else going?

Joe Grimes  ***   jgg@one.net   ***   Cincinnati, Ohio