MSG, the 18th

I got a copy of this show in the mail yesterday, and to anyone who is still
looking for a copy...I'll be glad to trade it out. Just EMail me.

My thoughts on the show:
I saw them the night before this was recorded, and it seemed to me that
Daltrey's voice was stronger that night...although given the live acoustics
VS a radio show, I cannot be sure. On the tape, of course, you can hear
every little flubbed lyric and flat note and misplaced lick. And there are a
few, which is not a bad thing. Who would want to hear an exact copy of the
album, after all?
His voice is still pretty damned strong, though...at least as good as on the
DST tour, and without him reaching for notes he can no longer reach. And
he's where he should be 90% of the time, so...
The rest of the band is great too. Impressive. I might wish for a higher mix
on John, but then again I felt that way at the show too...and I was on his
side of MSG.
I don't find Billy Idol any more "Idol-like" than he was the night before.
Glitter doesn't sound particularly flat...I think that's as good as he can get.
Again, as I did during the show, I like the intros by Phil Daniels. It adds
an element that I enjoy. And he was the perfect choice.
The encore...only four songs: Behind Blue Eyes, WGFA, Naked Eye (great,
because they didn't play it the night before), and Substitute. BBE is OK,
nothing special. WGFA, while it doesn't have nearly the power it did in
person, is still damned good. You've got to be impressed with Pete's
playing. Naked Eye...this makes it all worthwhile. Great! And
Substitute...the song they played (as far as I know) on every tour...is as
good here as anywhere (save for LAL, of course).
I'm happy...

                   Cheers                   ML

"For three generations, Pepsi has trying to make people to believe it's `The
Pepsi Generation.' This is the first one dumb enough to believe it."
                                                                    Unknown