Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #319

Greg wrote:

> Actually, you'remissing one.  The US would not have been involved in World
> War 1 - the Germans would have won their 1918 offensive, the Allies sued for
> peace.  Germany victorious would not have suffered under the tremendous
> financial reparations the Western Allies laid on after WW1 which crushed the
> German economy and people and directly was the single biggest cause to the
> rise of Hitler and the Nazi Party.  No Hitler - no WW2 - at least in Europe.

Good thing as that would undoubtedly have been, it may have led to the Communist
domination of Europe. The Western democracies, including Germany, would probably
have been invaded and overrun by Stalin in the 40's or early 50's. If Stalin had
got as far as Shepherd's Bush, we'd almost certainly be Who-less.

Cheers,
Mark T.