Re:Sell Out Flaws

>Supposedly people had a problem with a skip during "I Can See For Miles". <
Yes, my copy skipped at 3:35 on the recording.   In fact, I remember this
issue was brought up in ICE so I decided to look it up. In the Sept. 95 issue
CD Watchdog was the following article.
"As we mentioned in passing last month, MCA's new reissue of Who Sell Out has
a mannufacturing defect on many copies.   At 3:35 into track 7, ICSFM, the CD
simply freezes up and stops playing.  The intensity of the skip depends on
the CD player involved, and can range from a mld hiccup to a machine-gun
barrage."  (That's exactly what happens from player to player.)
"For an answer, we contacted Nick Dofflemyer, MCA's Director of QA, and Aoife
deCleir of Uni Distirbution's manufacturing plant in Pickneyville, IL.  In a
written response drawn up specifically for ICE readers, deCleir
stated,"You'll be happpy to know that we have resolved the problem.
 Replacement CD's have already been manufactured and are availavle for
customers.  For Your information, the mirror band on the defectivve discs
read MCAD11268 A50513D.  In defense for the manufacturing plant, deCler
states, "We have successfully manufactured approximately 450 selection
numbers in our year and a half of manufacturing.  Although we did produce two
defective batches almost back to back, our track record to date has been
good."  Consumers wishing to exchange their defective Who CD for a corrected
pressing should send the whole thing-jewel box and all- to Nick Dofflemyer,
Director of  Quality Assurance, MCA music media studio, 5161 Lankershim
Blvd., Suite 201, North Hollywood, CA 91601.  At press time, MCA had already
sent corrected CDs to a number of ICE readers who had written in, and even
followed up with phone calls to make sure they were satisfied."  I wonder if
they'll still do that after a year of release?  Maybe this is the guy we can
all address the Quad master issue ( although I'm satisfied with my copy, but
if there's better).