Re: JE misjudgement

Alan - re:

>From: amck@eden.com (Alan McKendree)
>Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 21:18:07 -0500
>Subject: Re: JE misjudgement

>>From: thirteen@the-spa.com
>>Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 02:23:02 -0600
>>Subject: JE misjudgement
>>
>>When John came on stage, he played "Had Enough", "The Real Me", (some other
>>stupid song--not one of his--the name escapes me...) and "Summertime Blues".
>
>>Yeah, a really lame song called Pride and Joy by some stupid guy named
>>Stevie Ray Vaughan. What the hell was JE thinking?

>You may not like "Pride and Joy", but to call Stevie Ray Vaughan "some
>stupid guy" shows a regrettable ignorance of his skill, artistry and
>commitment to music.  Anyone who likes Hendrix or early Clapton will find
>it worth their time to give Vaughan a listen.

Whoa. I think you misunderstood me. When I referred to SRV as "some stupid
guy" and Pride and Joy as "a really lame song", I was trying to poke fun at
someone else's prior post (the one that mentioned JE playing, amidst 3 Who
songs, "some other stupid song..."). I myself am a big SRV fan, with a
quantity of boots and videos of him that easily rivals what I have on The Who.

David Thirteen (still quite reluctant to use those little smiley faces)
http://www.the-spa.com/thirteen