Re: Quad Show Info

In a message dated 96-07-26 18:48:53 EDT, Bernd writes:

> > There is also a paragraph or two detailing the fact that if the show runs
 >> past 11:05, the promoter- Metropolitan- would be faced with massive
overtime
 > >payments.

 >Huh?  What kind of story is this?  I could hardy believe that restaurants
in
 >Central London close at midnight.  But now, even more incredible, I have to
 >read that stage shows in Manhattan are supposed to end at 11 p.m.???

It has nothing to do with laws, but everything to do with money.  Unions are
paid based on moment that house lights come up after last song.  Promoter
books hall and price is based on ending time, in the case of Quad, it was
11:05.  Penalty is several thousand dollars a minute, So final night cost
Metropolitan a bundle.

 - Andy