Re: What's that smell?

Bob, Re:

> >The $136 p/night hotel room (at the Pennsylvania) I
> >stayed in had chipped paint, ripped carpet and an
> >ever-present dingy-colored water in the toilet bowl.
>
>      Bernd got a $109/night deal; when I heard about
> it I pitched a fit and got a reduction from my $119
> quote.

In fact, I could have done better than $109 if only I
had cared about my hotel reservation on pre-concert
Friday already (but I hadn't had my passport yet by
that time, so...).  German travel agencies offer a
night at the Pennsylvania for about $95-$98, tax
included.  They are really ripping you off at NYC hotel
receptions.

> I'd agree
> that the hotel has a nice facade but is largely
> rotting from the inside, which is why I briefly was
> worried that Bernd might use the Polydor Quad as a
> weapon instead of handing it to me ...  ;-}

This hotel has an interesting and great history, but
today it definitely isn't worth $100/night anymore.
It is as run down as the adjacent street quarters.
But still I liked it because I was really close to MSG
and the Molly Wee there.  Good recommendation, Bob :-).

And of course your Polydor Quad wasn't a weapon, it was
a gem I had had a hard time to find and buy.  If I had
had a MCA Quad with me, then maybe I might have
attacked you, but... :-)

Cheers,

Bernd