re: Flame Wars

Mike, Re:

> Remember, don't write me anything in a mail that you wouldn't have the guts
> to say to my face.

Having met lots of listers before and after the shows, I can tell you that most
of them really are honest writers:  They behave on the list in exactly the same
way as they do in face-to-face conversation.  It was nice to discover so much
honesty, and it made the pre- and after-show meetings very refreshing.

I guess that you are referring to Fang with your sentence above.  But even if
you don't believe it:  He is honest, and he would have the guts to say the same
things to your face that he writes to the list.  Even though I do not always
like his kind of humour, I appreciate this honesty.  Well, in real life he is
sometimes moderated by his wife which, IMHO, was a pity at the very moment when
he was about to sign a new contract for John Entwistle and Steve Luongo... :-)

On the other hand, it made me very sad to see that Mark L didn't have the guts
to behave in real life like he does on the list.  His begging for pardon on the
list right before we were about to meet in NYC without even trying to apologize
for having insulted me in private e-mail seemed very ridiculous and maybe even
cowardly to me.  I'd rather like to have a fist-fight than someone trying to
make everything unsaid and undone only for the moment of personal
confrontation, but that's the way life sometimes goes... :-)

Cheers,

Bernd