Re: Quad live at MSG or... Can yah see the real Pete, can yah?

Fang, Re:

> 1) the only one paying attention to "Jimmy" (the same actor from the movie)
> was Pete Townshend. I think most people felt he slowed down the music...

I also payed very close attention, and Phil Daniels's narration was simply
great.  IMHO it didn't slow down the music but pushed it forward and added to
the energy and power of the show, especially when Daniels spoke during
instrumentals or video scenes.

But of course, I had the advantage of having seen the show before...  At Hyde
Park, I was also a little puzzled by Daniels's part at first.

> 2) Who really needed Gary Glitter or Billy Idol?

They provided a good stage show and some action, thus helping to make
Quadrophenia's story a little more transparent to those who didn't know it as
well as you and me.

> Did anyone else seem to feel that John DIDN'T want to be there?

Sometimes, yes.  But it is always a little hard to guess what's going on in
The Quiet One's brain and heart...

Cheers,

Bernd