Re: Quad remaster

Andy, re:

>So, to Fang and the rest of you exulting in the improvement in the Polydor
>over the MCA...great.  At this point, I'm satisfied with my MCA copy, if you
>are not happy with yours, try the Polydor.  But, most of all enjoy the
music,
>and LONG LIVE ROCK.

I don't know about you, but I can't "enjoy the music" if to me, it sounds
like <Picard>. I listen to this stuff with the volume cranked way up and if
it doesn't sound as close to perfect as it should, I don't want to listen to
it at all. From the moment I popped the new MCA discs in, I KNEW there was
something wrong. I don't believe it's the pressing. This isn't vinyl, it's
0's and 1's. I think someone got overzealous at the CD factory and as a
result, POOOF!

Once I've identified that the problem is that it's too bright, friends (some
on the list, some not) from around the country have agreed what the problem
is... You may be satisfied and that's OK, but if you heard the Polydor, you
might become very unsatisfied, knowing that there's something out there
that's much better...

Either way, so be it...

- -wf