Re: Poly vs MCA Quads

>If it's determined that the CD is out of
>tollerable range (I'm sure there's always an acceptable variance), MCA will
>be forced to redoing the thing accordingly and replacing existing copies for
>people who seem to know the difference, in a similar fashion to the "Sell
>Out" skip problem that some of you had...
>
>Until you've heard the Polydor, I'm convinced you really don't know what you
>should be actually listening to. The fact remains that most people will never
>know the difference (for many reasons). However, if MCA corrects the problem,
>people will be able to buy the CD in the future, free of it's current
>flaws...

WF:

And what are the odds of a recall? I'll believe that when I see it. I
definitely haven't heard anything about SO's being replaced (thankfully I
didn't get a defective copy, but I know several who did...and they still
have them).
As for the people of the future, I'd imagine that 90% of the people who will
buy the new QUAD already have it by now. So MCA will have little motivation,
and given the rave reviews it's gotten so far...even less.

                   Cheers                   ML

"For three generations, Pepsi has trying to make people to believe this was
`The Pepsi Generation.' This is the first one dumb enough to believe it."
                                                                    Unknown