Re: CD: The Who Talk About Their Generation

At 06:38 PM 7/25/96 -0500, you wrote:

>While in NYC, I picked up a CD I'd never seen before:  The Who Talk About
>Their Generation (Mostly red on the cover).  What is this piece of Picard?
>Some German dude sneaking an interview in the bathroom with a miniature
>cassette recorder?  Avoid it if you don't have it, unless of course you're
>one of those people who would even buy a toilet seat with a british flag
>on it so you can think of the Who even when you're doing your private
>business.  Anyone else think this CD is a rip off?

Yes. I especially didn't like posting Keith Moon'n name on the cover only to
learn that the interviews were conducted AFTER Face Dances was released.
When I got it (over 1 year ago), I listened to it once quickly and thought
that was enough. Strangely enough, I listened to it again the other night.
Although it was interesting to listen to Pete's feelings about communism and
the cold war, etc. it sure wasn't worth the $20 I paid for it. I would say
to anyone that's see it and wants it, just get a tape from somebody on the
list. There's no music anyway so loss of fidelity is not really important.

just my $0.02

Chico